I have always been intrigued as to what happens “backstage”: why do we do things the way we do, how should they be done properly, how can we improve. When it comes to training, the backstage is all about the delivery process: How to design, deliver and follow-up a training course.
The main topics covered by TtTs:
- Training intervention formats
- Design & Flow: from preparation to follow-up
- Learning approaches / methodologies & methods
- Group dynamics
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Logistical considerations
When designing a TtT for less experienced trainers, I opt for the integrated model of content delivery followed by train-back experience. This approach allows the future trainers to try out what they have learnt in a safe environment followed by constructive feedback.
TtTs for experienced – advanced – trainers offers the ability to go deeper into real life issues connected with training and facilitation.